Question : Problem: Win NT DC Recovery  System Data Delayed Read  Write Errors

I am the IT dept at a small company for two weeks now.  The other  guy was more of a programmer and set up a nonstandard environment to say the least and never looked at it again. We have a very old PDC with WIN NT Service PACK 6 with a single 4 gig SCSI HD, 128 mb pc66 ram, and pentium 2 400MHZ on the network that crashed after a UPS change out. First, the power supply was dead, then Windows  Blue screen showed at boot. The ERD didn't work nor did the CD Repair. IN addition to a new power supply, I put in a new NIC becuase the drivers for the old one did not work and I put a new Cd ROM  Drive. So, I was forced to Re-Install WINT with SP 1 at this point  on an old 3 gig in order to retrieve the data of of the SCSI drive which appears to be still good as far as data access goes. I do however, continueously get a System Data Read-Write Delay Error stating there was a buffer error retrieving  hd1(SCSI)\path\file_name.  I have my ideas that perhaps the ram has been damaged or maybe the SCSI card driver isn't installed properly.  Any Ideas?

Answer : Problem: Win NT DC Recovery  System Data Delayed Read  Write Errors

lost delayed write data is often due to wrong drivers for the SCSI card.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us