Question : Problem: partition management in RAID 10 array

I run Windows XP Pro on a RAID 10 array. I need to expand the OS partition because I am running out of space and would prefer not to reinstall the OS. I have used Partition Magic in the past to successfully resize partitions and preserve the data. Problem is, Partition Magic does NOT support RAID 10. What is the best (and affordable) partition manager for resizing partitions and preserving data that supports RAID 10? Thanks.

Answer : Problem: partition management in RAID 10 array

You MUST backup EVERYTHING!  Any time you muck around with partitions, you run the risk of corrupting something - or everything.

That said, C: partitions are not easily expanded.  If Partition Magic sees it you can try it, otherwise, the only other program I've used is Partition Commander - and I'm not sure it'll support it for you either.  

Frankly, I think messing with partitions is dangerous and time consuming.  I would reinstall.  Or find things to move from the C: drive to the other partition (I like partitions in general, but you need to try to anticipate growth when setting them up).
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us