Question : Problem: VXPRO-Motherboard Manuel

I have a new mother board..I started with 16 meg of ram (EDO). I tried adding more ram.I put the chips in the slots boot up and it up dates my system..the problem is when i run almost anything I get a error messg. "program performed and illegl operaption... ( Page Fault )...I take the chips out and it works fine. I think I have a vxpro motherboard and I have tried to find if I need to change a jumper setting or chip speed but I cant find any information on it or I dont understand it.. Im new at this.Can someone please help me. Can I get a Manuel and if so How do I know its the right one.

Answer : Problem: VXPRO-Motherboard Manuel

Lets say you added 16 Megs more,

When you boot up:
1. does the ram check show 32 meg?
If yes then I would suspect the RAM chips. it is likely that they have a problem, you should change them, ie return them to the company and get replacements.

If the memory check is showing less than the sum of old+new, you are probably not fitting in the chips correctly.

Also check to see that the old and the new chips are of the same speed. This can be done by reading the serial number on the chips. it is normally in the format of some digits - 10 ot - 7 etc.

All the chips must have the same number after the "-"

Another way of checking to see if it is a speed related problem, is to remove the old ram, put the new chips in the old slots and see if you get the error messages. If no, then it is definetely a speed related issue.

You do not need to change any jumpers etc, when you add ram to your sytem.
Hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us