Question : Problem: Connecting two LANS with Cisco 1841's ( plus VOIP and parallel serial links!) ??

OK, bit of a nightmare, hope someone can help me with this one!

I started a new job today for a IT solutions company, one of the first things that I was asked by a salesman was if I could set-up a new link with 2 CISCO 1841's with WIC-1T serial cards to replace an existing 2meg link a customer has that is currently set up with Memotech routers (? can't even find this on google)

I said I should be able to since I have done this in the past (years ago, my CCNA expired in the summer).

However on further discussion with the customer he wants to keep the existing line and have an additional 2meg link put in so that the routers will have 2 serial cards EACH, so this complicates things beyond my experience a little. I take it I will have to either load balance or use multilink PPP to use both  serial lines? Which is the better option? From looking around google it seems that using EIGRP to load balance and use ip cef is an idea ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk831/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094806.shtml )

To further complicate things, I have found out that the customer is using VoIP, but it is  Ericsson VoIP hardware (the addresses are in the code snippet), I take it this shouldn't be too different from Cisco VoIP,  as long as I class-map the correct traffic?

Sorry, lot's of questions, this is happening Wednesday, I think i have a fair idea of how to do it, but any expert advice would be welcome! HELP
Code Snippet:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
LAN Site 1
                                                       r1 : 10.0.8.1
------->VOIP switch(ericsson)------------->CISCO 1841 (r1) 
        10.0.8.4 /21                        |s0        |s1
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
                                            |          | Two parallel serial links (2meg each)
                                            |          | (to be load balanced, i think)
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
                                            |          |
Lan Site 2                                  |s0        |s1
------->VOIP switch(ericsson)------------->CISCO 1841 (r2)
        10.0.16.4 /21                                   r2 : 10.0.16.1
Open in New Window Select All

Answer : Problem: Connecting two LANS with Cisco 1841's ( plus VOIP and parallel serial links!) ??

You can change the RIP statement to only include the network you specifically want to run RIP on and advertise (I prefer doing it that way) but the 10.0.0.0 will work as it assumes any 10.x.x.x network.  The mask on the network statement would be 0.0.7.255 though.

Typically in a point to point T1 setup, the customer (you) will provide the clocking on the T1.  Set one end (the head end) to internal clocking and leave the other end (the remote end) as "line clocking".  Do you actually have WIC-1T's or do you have WIC-1DSU-T1's with the integrated CSU/DSU?  If you are using WIC-1T's, the T1 configuration is done on the external CSU/DSU (you should only need to change the clock source).  If you have WIC-1DSU-T1's, the clocking is done on the serial interface with the "service-module t1 clock source internal" command.  You should verify with your T1 provider on whether they provide clock or whether you need to.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us