Question : Problem: Type: Error Event ID: 9 Source: aac

"The device, \Device\scsi\aac1, did not respond within the timeout period"

I recently updated my 2003 Server to SP2 and all the updates until 04/11/08, prior it didn't have any SP.  All of a sudden every 3 or 4 days it seems that i get this error and my server hangs.  It seems that it can't access a partition or drive.  I currenlty have an adaptec 2410SA raid controller.  All the drives seem fine, the Raid is not beeping.  Could this be a driver issue?

What are best practices to resolving error?

Answer : Problem: Type: Error Event ID: 9 Source: aac

I checked out the support page for your RAID card, and there are newer drivers and firmware that you may need. :

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downloads/ms/ms_win_svr_2003?productId=AAR-2410SA&dn=Adaptec+Serial+ATA+RAID+2410SA

these are for 32-Bit OS
newest firmware:
19 Dec 2006      Adaptec Serial ATA 2410SA firmware version b8209      Adaptec Serial ATA 2410SA firmware update version b8209

newest driver:
17 Jun 2005      Driver for Windows Server 2003, XP & 2000 v4.2.1.7372      Microsoft Certified Windows driver version 4.2.1.7372 Adaptec Raid cards running bios/firmware 7348 and above.

I would make sure you have these installed, as many driver properties have gone through changes from SP0 - SP2. Give those a try and let me know, and of COURSE don't forget to backup all your data to an external HDD or another system. A firmware flash for me a couple months ago required me to rebuild my array, theres always a possibilty of data loss.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us