Question : Problem: iphone exchange credentials causing failed audit events on server

I have an iphone 3g and am trying to sync with an Exchange 2003 SP2 server.  First I receive the "Unable to Verify Certificate - While automatically discovering account settings, the certificate from "servername.org" could not be verified. Accept/Cancel.  Whether I chose Accept or Cancel the process moved on and said that the Exchange Account was verified. Then I was prompted to enter our exchange server which I did. It then displayed that the Exchange Settings were verified again and when I checked mail I could see my entire exchange mailbox structure but no mail., after a few seconds the  "Password Incorrect - Please enter the password for [email protected] " error appeared even though the correct info had been entered. Strangely enough contacts synced fine and calendar synced partially.  I have tried many variations on the configurations and now do not even get the partial sync - so no directory structure, no contacts and no calendar.

An additional problem with this is that my exchange settings seem to be caught in some loop attempting to access our exchange server. The event log on my exchange server shows repeated attempts to access the server failing on bad username or password for my account. It has so far locked out my network account twice. I have renamed my Active Directory account login twice, turned off WiFi on the iphone, deleted the exchange account on the iphone entirely and these failed access events keep ocurring every few minutes.

I have also tried emailing the Thawte Certificate we use on our Exchange Server to a gmail account I have set-up on the iphone and installed it to the iphone. After installation the certificate is still unsigned and unverified on the iphone and I get the same error messages in trying to set-up my exchange account - unable to verify the certificate, followed by incorrect password.

I have read through all message threads relating to this topic  I can find in this forum and still have no idea how to resolve my dilemma. I would really appreciate any advice on where to go next. Several other folk in our organization are planning on getting iphones and will expect to be able to use them to synch with their work exchange accounts.

Answer : Problem: iphone exchange credentials causing failed audit events on server

It turned out to be very simple. The slash used in the settings was the wrong one. To get the back slash, you need to click on the button on the keyboard for numbers, then a button directly above the button to get you back to the alpha view that has symbols on it. Once I had the right slash in it worked fine.  Hope this helps.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us