Question : Problem: RAID HELL

I just got a Promise FastTrack TX2200 raid controller. When go into the BIOS utility and try to define the drives and the array type both drives show up as JBOD's in the menu where you define logical drives and they cannot be changed. I think I need to delete both drives from the array and then re-define the logical drives then pick the drive that I want to copy the data from. to the blank drive I just installed. The RAID type I want to create is RAID1 mirror. Can someone tell me if I'm right because I cannot find out anything from the Promise website and I do not want to screw up the drive that has the data on it by deleting it from the array to get it to not show up as JBOD. I have another computer and I have a Promise RAID card on it with a RAID1 mirror setup but I have never seen the RAID type JBOD before. The computer boots and I see both drives in Windows a C: and D: drives right now

Thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: RAID HELL

I've got an older TX2000 and I was able to duplicate the disks when I created the array. The program should ask you to select the soure & destination and will copy the data over and build the container.

You should be able to break the existing JBOD without losing the data but I'm not 100% sure since I've never used that specific card.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us