Question : Problem: Symantec BESR stuck at 5%

I'm in the process of testing BESR 8 vs Acronis as system recovery solution for our organization (3 x 2k3 SP1 with either Exch2003, webserver, SQL/fileserver to a remote 2k3 SP1).
Acronis was faily easy to install, but the management wasn't so smooth and very unstable on the backup server so now I'm trying BESR..
BESR is easier to install and the management console is a little better, but the backup of our fileserver seems to get stuck after 5% and stays like that for hours and days. Other server (webserver) was easily backed up. All firewalls are turned off, and communicaiton goes smooth until it for the fileserver hits 5%. There's a 100Mb connection to the remote server.
Any ideas?
Also has others experienced the console of Acronis being unstrable? It seems to me the remote part and the backup speed is faster on Acronis.
Thanks

Answer : Problem: Symantec BESR stuck at 5%

I tried different things among them reinstalling BESR several times.
I got it to work when making sure the VSS services were running smoothly (some SQL VSS services were giving problems bca. SQL configuration) and after I deleted the destination folder and recreated it and shared it again.
It seems like BESR doesn't like if you map to the same folder twice or if .v2i files from a previous installtion are found in the destination folder.
I know it it not rational, but others have mentioned it, and it works for me now....??!!
Please close question.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us