Question : Problem: HP 4550N "49.2 Service Error" Fault

I am an IT Help Desk Officer for my company. We have a HP 4550N Color Printer that has been playing up on up lately.

Ever time someone goes to print something, The paper jams in Tray 3 and the display comes up with "49.2FEE Sevice Error"

I've diagnosed that it may either be a shee feed error or something's happenning to the the print job over our network that causes the printer to to jam the paper and display the error message.

Can someone help ??

Thanks

BM.

Answer : Problem: HP 4550N "49.2 Service Error" Fault

According to the service manual, the 49 service error message "indicates that a firmware error occurred that caused the processor on the formatter to abort operation. This type of error can be caused by invalid print commands, corrupt data, or invalid operations". It can also be caused by electrical noise induced into the cable, poor connections, or home grown applications. On rare occasions the formatter is at fault and is usually indicated by a 79 service error.
HP recommends the following:
1. Cycle power on the printer
2. Verify that all cables are connected
3. Cancel all print jobs and then resend. Try to isolate any offending print job
4. Delete the print job from the Windows spooler or from the print server
5. If the formatter pan assembly of DC controller was removed, make sure the ribbon cable between the DC controller and the interconnect PCB is connected
6. Verify that the formatter is working properly by running the formatter tests available in diagnostic mode.

To enter the diagnostic mode, hold down the left side of the item key and turn on the printer.
You could also try a cold reset on the printer, but I would recommend that you remove the JetDirect card, unless you don't mind resetting all of your network protocol information.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us