Question : Problem: Blank HD Installation

I just got a brand new HD. ITs a Western Digital 'Caviar'. 40GB, 7200 rpm, 8mb Cache.
Anyway I Plugged it into my comp, its the only hard drive. When Comp booted up it got upto the Trend Chip Away Virus on Guard bit  and the cursor just sits there flashing. I am able to go into BIOS by hiting F10. THis is probably pretty normal for only having a blank HD installed. Anyway, i have no idea how to install windows 98 from this position. I tried fideling around in the bios and changing the jumper settings but i am stuck. It was odd though that when in BIOS the hard drive was present. But when using the 'auto detect hd' feature the computer froze.  

Comp Specs: p233, 32 mb ram, bought in 1997 so i assume an outdated BIOS.
If windows cant be installed, i do have another 4gb hard drive (that im using Now), so i could plug them both in and do a drive copy or something, but i have no idea how to do something like that.

Please Answer Soon i NEED to get my Unreal Fix. Whatever happened to: LOAD"ARCHON",8,1

Answer : Problem: Blank HD Installation

It seems to be the straight P2B the latest BIOS is 1012  Date  2002/08/05
http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B
 This doesn't say that it will Fix your problem. As they don't say much about this or other revisions of the updated BIOS listed for your MB. But it just may do the trick. I looked at some of the other P2B boards listed and some of them did address the 32GB limit With the same BIOS ver. 1012.
Make sure you read the instructions on how to flash the BIOS and under stand them before you proceed.

A FAILED flash can render the motherboard UNBOOTABLE.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us