Question : Problem: HP 722C hardware question, how do I open the case?

Hi, I have two printers a HPdeskjet 660Cse and a Deskjet 722C
The 660 has some kind of  power problem and the 722C has a shredded carriage belt.  I am pretty sure the two carriage belts are compatible but I cannot open the case on the HP Deskjet 722C
I have looked for a service manual or some kind of instructions on how to open the case but am not having much luck.
(the best I found was here)

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/15980
(copied from above URL)
Prepare to get your hands dirty. You might want to wear latex gloves

To remove the service station do the following.
1. Remove the Torx (T10) screw on the top of the right cover.
2. Pull up on the right cover to disengage it where the removed screw went through.
3. From the back, near the clean-out cover, insert a screwdriver between the right cover and the base coming in from the bottom. Pry up and the cover will release.
4. Do the same operation in the front near the paper tray and the cover will release completely and hinge to the right.
5. Release the clip that secures the switches to free the cover from the printer.
6. There is one Torx (T10) screw in the front of the service station holding it in place. Remove the screw and unplug the motor cable, and the service station will lift from the front and slide out.
7. Scrape as much congealed ink as possible from inside the service station. Remove the Torx (T10) screw holding the motor in place and remove it.
8. Immerse the service station in hot water to dissolve the ink. It will take a half-hour or so and a few rinsings to remove the ink.

When I get to step 4 the bottom of the cover never releases and I feel like the plastic is about to break.
I've worked HP laserjets and a few other printers but this has me baffled.  Thank you for any help!!!

Answer : Problem: HP 722C hardware question, how do I open the case?

duank,
Because you have presented a solution to your own problem which may be helpful to future searches, this question is now PAQed and your points have been refunded.

EE_AutoDeleter
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us