Question : Problem: Is it possible to fix an LCD screen with a vertical line?

I have been working on fixing a Compaq Presario C300 laptop and now that I have it all back together, I have a blueish vertical line about 2" from the left side of the screen.  If I flex the screen, pulling in on the top left corner and putting resistance on the top middle part of the bezel I can get the line to go away, however, there doesn't seem to be a way to get it to stay gone.  How or why would that solve the problem but I cant keep it that way... any input would be great.  thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: Is it possible to fix an LCD screen with a vertical line?

Around the edges of the screen proper, there are "connectors" running, that activate the pixels in a type of "coordinate system" arrangement. If these connectors develop a bad spot, one or more lines may become solid coulour, white or black. AFAIK, there is not much to do in these cases, unless you can find something that has come loose and then re-fasten it (inside the lid, this is).

The ribbon cable, from mobo to screen, may also cause similar problems, but rarely for one line of pixels only. The fact that you can alter the phenomenon by flexing the screen points to the edge connectors rather.
/RID
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us