Question : Problem: Fastest hast drive in market?

Whats the current fastest hard drive available in market?? I want to upgrade my computer and I want to buy a lightning fast hard drive 15K rpm at least

I've been checking out the Seagate cheetah but it seems that these were launched in 2005... I want something newer and faster if available. I don't care much about capacity since I will be using second hard drive as storage partitions... 36GB will be enough for this primary disc

Answer : Problem: Fastest hast drive in market?

The fastest drives ... with access times well under 1ms ... are the solid state "drives"  (not actually drives at all, since they have no platters ... just solid state memory chips) ... such as this (I know you can't buy from Newegg, but it's a good source to read the details of the drive):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227295

As for a traditional, spinning platter drives, the Cheetah's are still excellent.   The larger capacity models are faster yet ... especially if you limit the OS partition to a small percentage of the drive, so it resides entirely on the outermost (faster) cylinders of the drive.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us